Amp Research AMP Research PowerStep™ 75111-01A Black 2001-2003 Ford F-150
AMP Research PowerStep™ 75111-01A Black 2001-2003 Ford F-1502001-2003 Ford F-150 PowerStep™ Black AMP Research (75111-01A). Includes OEM style illumination. Ford F-150 Super Crew, 2001-'03, 2004 Heritage. PowerStep Black Powder Coat Running Boards by AMP Research, 1 Pair. Without ODB Connector. Ford and GM have been equipping their new trucks at the factory with AMP Research PowerStep automatic retracting running boards for years, and so should you. High-grade aluminum construction with powder coat finish ensures strength and freedom from corrosion, plus OEM-quality hardware with durable seals ensures long-lasting, smooth operation. Some drilling required for power motor and LED light installation.
Mounting brackets with a pivoting design fit easily onto vehicle body mount bolts or existing frame holes. A centralized control module is placed under hood for easy power connection to your vehicle’s battery and comes complete with heavy grade wiring that runs through door ajar sensors, then through sill plates after drilling. Once underneath the vehicle, the wiring connects easily to power motors that mount directly onto bracket ends and to LED lights that secure to the vehicle frame with the use of double-sided tape. To ensure moving parts do not become compromised by mud and grit buildup, motors and pivot points are sealed with internal lubrication – making them virtually maintenance-free. Running boards on each side can support up to 600 pounds and textured surfaces give maximum grip, even when covered in mud, ice, snow, or rain.
AMP Research also offers the Extension Arm Kit with four extension pieces that mount between the standard PowerStep mounting brackets and the running boards to create a step height that’s two inches closer to the ground. The extension pieces fold out of the way when the boards retract, maintaining a side profile that is flush to the vehicle while providing added convenience for lifted trucks and passengers with difficulties climbing larger steps.
For those that wish to add an elegant touch of brightwork to their running boards, AMP Research offers Stainless Steel Trim Strips in multiple lengths that slide easily onto the front edge of newer style running boards. For those that have older AMP Research running boards of a different shape that is not compatible with these trim strips, the Complete Stainless Steel Trim Upgrade Kit gives you new-style replacement running boards that bolt on easily to existing arm brackets. Replacement LED lights are also available in the event any on your vehicle should become damaged. AMP Research builds all components in the United States and backs them with a 5-year / 60,000 mile warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
- PowerStep Running Boards produced by AMP Research are original factory equipment on some Ford, Lincoln, Chevrolet, and Cadillac sport utility vehicles
- Running boards extend outward when doors are opened, then retract flush underneath the vehicle when doors are closed
- Ideal for off-roading or other use where traditional fixed-in-place running boards may become damaged due to ground clearance issues
- Running boards are triggered automatically when any door on the corresponding side is opened or closed
- Sealed power motors mount directly onto the folding linkage assemblies with ease
- Running boards extend and retract in approximately one second
- Safe for young children because pinch protection sensors will reverse direction of the boards if resistance is detected
- Each side is rated to support 600 pounds
- Comes with a controller module which mounts under hood and wires directly to your battery
- Bushings are sealed for protection against grit and the elements, and require no lubrication
- Die cast aluminum construction and stainless steel pivot pins ensure a lifetime of freedom from corrosion
- Running board surfaces feature a powder coated finish that effectively resists scratches, chips, and discoloration
- 5-year / 60,000 mile warranty exceeds new car vehicle warranties
- Manufactured in the United States
- Wheel/Tire Package
- Car/Truck Accessories